Wednesday 14 January 2015

Ethic's on my enquiry

Throughout my enquiry I aim to follow the correct company policies and procedures as set out in the initial Lord of the Flies project, such as adhering too health and safety, having public liability insurance, data protection a current DBS check and ensure anybody else who works alongside me is also covered. Ensuring equal opportunities, following the conduct set out in the ‘safe touch’ practice and addressing any other procedures that I may come across in the correct way.  I will also need to use both Welsh and English language on any literature that I give out with the use of a translator at the Wales Millennium Centre.

In terms of resources required to carry out my inquiry successfully, I will…


Use a dance space to deliver my workshops adhering to Health and Safety regulations, such as identifying fire exits and evacuation points.
I will ensure that every space chosen for any physical activity will meet to the correct room temperature between 21C and 24C as recommended.
I will not exceed the maximum capacity specified for each individual room.
I will adapt all sessions and the movements planned based on the specific dimensions and flooring of each space.
 I will ensure that a first aid kit is fully stocked and available at all times and that a first aider is located within the building.
I will carry out a health and safety assessment at the beginning of each new venue
I will visit and provide a health and safety contract to each venue similar to the LOTF form used. 


I will carry out a thorough warm up and cool down process at the beginning and end of each physical workshop to avoid injury.
I will handout consent forms to agree or disagree to the use of any photography or filming for all participants and any participant under the age of 18 must have a parental consent.
All participants must be prepared for physical activity and dressed in suitable attire for movement.
As a professional dance practitioner I will arrive on site 20 minutes before any workshops commence as a means of setting up and organising the space to avoid any late starts or errors that may have an impact on the session.
I will provide any musical accompaniment for each session if required and that all electrical equipment has been PAT tested and stamped with a current date for evidence.
I will not allow any participants to leave the workshop without being met by parents and or guardians.
I will ensure that I have specific equipment to document my workshops such as camera, I phone as a means for reflection and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment