Tuesday 13 January 2015

Ethics in my workplace.


I have found my place of work (Wales Millennium Centre) code of conduct to be very general. http://www.wmc.org.uk/technical/123886/ I feel this is primarily due to it being a theatre venue and not a school where by it might be more detailed. I am employed as a freelance Dance Ambassador teaching and working with children so ensuring I follow correct ethical procedures is essential. 

For the Lord of the Flies project myself and colleague Sian Rowland created a ‘Codes and Conduct’ contract for all participants to sign. This allowed us as Dance Ambassadors to set the rules at the beginning of rehearsals and protect ourselves for any issues that may have occurred during the project.  Please see below:


After some further research into ethics I came across a resource pack identifying do’s and don’ts as a facilitator. I found this to be a very good guidance of how to deal with situations that might arise in a dance workshop. 

Artswork Training – Behaviour Management and Youth Arts resource pack (Page 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment