Saturday 21 March 2015

What a week!



Fantastic week catching up with Matthew Bourne and the cast of Lord of the Flies!
We took the boys to watch Edward Scissorhands at the Wales Millennium Centre and caught up over pizza beforehand! I'm so proud of the boys, some have been offered places at top dance schools across the country after taking part in LOTF including; The Hammond School, Elmhurst school of Ballet, Rambert and the Place. One of the youngest boys from the Manchester cast has been offered a place at the Royal Ballet who had never danced before taking part in LOTF! This project has really changed these boys lives! "From Lord of the Flies to The Royal Ballet School"

Originally in my inquiry plan I had planned to interview 3 of the unprofessional boys from the LOTF cast. I've decided to change this as some of my feedback from module 2 was to possibly interview Matthew Bourne. I didn't know if this would be possible but managed to organise this last week, we spoke for over an hour and I personally feel very inspired after interviewing him.
I also decided to interview 1 of the professional dancers from Matthew Bournes company Danny and one of the unprofessional cast members from LOTF Callum. I feel having the response from 3 different males that dance would be interesting to compare for my inquiry.





No comments:

Post a Comment