Sunday 11 May 2014

Task 2b: Reflective writing

I decided to compare and reflect on a typical day on tour performing in China last year and now currently as a freelance dance artist based in the UK.

Description: I have wrote up in diary format from morning to evening typical schedules of my life last year and now.


Initial reflection: I then compared the pros and cons of life on tour and life in the UK. This was very interesting as it really made me think about my feelings and emotions, how travelling abroad each day taught me a lot culturally but also difficulties of being away from home. How I have to be very independent and self-driven as a self-employed freelancer at the moment in the UK.

Graphs charts and diagrams: I then created both schedules in a pie chart. This really helped me visualise what was most common and the differences between them both. I think this would be very useful for my finances, if I could start putting data into a graph it will help me visualise over the year how I’m managing my money.

Evaluation: This then led me to reflect by looking at both spectrums of how my life is and was. It has allowed me to criticise what I have done well and I what hasn’t been as successful and think about the future and how I would like my career to progress.

What if: A question I regularly ask myself, I get very annoyed with myself when I think something should have been done better or different. As a performer I have been trained to never be 100% happy with anything and that everything can be improved.
I am also a big worrier and hope the decisions I have made were the correct ones but I feel its better to try and fail so it can be improved for the next time.

Another view: I like to get the opinions of others and find friends and family can give the honest truth. Also giving me advise and support to help me confirm my decisions.

Looking at all these reviewing styles they all help in different ways. I defiantly need to make sure I use them to help me in the future. I feel it will make myself improve on my weaknesses and build on my strengths in my professional career and also my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment